Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Ice Cream Bloke

So there is this guy who is from Australia named Steve. He called me up one day and said that his family was on vacation in Idaho and staying with some friends. His friends told him about Sub Zero and that he needed to visit it. Well, it turns out that he works for a company in St. Louis that sells ice cream making equipment and then teaches those who buy it how to use it. In other words, he teaches others how to own and operate ice cream stores! And he considers himself to be an ice cream connoisseur. Since he travels a lot for his job, he visits different ice cream places and records them, and then posts them to his website called icecreambloke.com.  Well, we are now episode number 24! That's right, he recorded us, and you can watch it at www.icecreambloke.com.  It's pretty good I must say. After the second night it was posted, I received a phone call from a man in Toronto who wanted to learn more about Sub Zero franchising opportunities. Funny how this stuff happens! Go Sub Zero Ice Cream! 

6 comments:

Holli Fuhriman said...

It's a great video, Mate! Steve and his family were really nice! I hope we get a chance to meet them again someday!

Mickey said...

Hey it is awesome! AND does dad know that it is number 24? Is that good luck or what! I think you are pretty cool Ben Holli and Jewels. AND SO IS SUB ZERO!

Megan said...

Ben, I checked out the video... that is so awesome!!!

Lori said...

Wow what great free advertising! Not to mention reinforcing the fact that SubZero has GREAT ice cream!! Your employee, Chris?, did a great job. How fun.

Sara said...

Hey Ben! Sara-used-to-be-Ostenson here. That's crazy that you started Sub Zero! Whenever I come to visit IF, my family talks about Sub Zero, and I had no idea you had started it! THat's awesome. congrats!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for letting the playgroup come the other day. We really enjoyed it and the ice cream was very good too! The texture reminded me of gelato.

I borrowed Lori's camera to take pictures while we were there. She has them on her camera possibly still. I didn't delete them after I downloaded them to my computer.